Monday, December 15, 2014

Much 'ado' about Nothing

It's been strange these last few weeks. I've been to the 'clinic' and one changed one of my meds from Zocor to Lipitor so now I can jump around in everyone's face and say "I'm down with Lipitor are you"?  Deleted a med and replaced it with something else.  I guess they know what's right or they wouldn't be able to send out the big bills they do. One thinks I should apply for a "Military Disability"  for the asbestos that has shown up in my right lung. I know back in the early 60's I was housed in some pretty old barracks and then in the late 60's we lived in base housing which wasn't all that modern. Cinder block buildings and ancient piping wasn't leaking but it was old.  I have to talk to a few more people before I jump into that muddy puddle.

We have my Christmas decorations up and just minimal ones on the outside. My little choo choo train is on the front rock garden looking like it wants to go over the little 'oriental bridge.  My solar lights aren't very bright yet because we haven't had very much sun in the last two weeks. And it's overcast again today. No breeze but it's cold out there. Mornings bring some frost and sometimes you can see it falling to the ground. It's what I'd call 'substantial rain' meaning it isn't completly liquid nor is it solid enough to be snow. It's at the tween stage. Makes for some slick driving early in the mornings I'll bet (I wouldn't know, I'm up at 4:30am but I'm not out and about at 4:30am).

We had a sort of Christmas party on Thursday nite and it was almost the whole gang. A couple of families were missing but we had a great time anyway. I tried a recipe that had been posted on FB and it didn't turn out bad at all. People really liked "Cream cheese stuffed, Bacon wrapped, Chicken breasts". That's a big mouth full to say but it tasted really good. A couple of the younger set had birthdays. Thursday the 11th was my Olivia's 10th birthday, and the 13th was Jeweli's birthday so we had cupcakes and sang to embarass the young ladies. It was a really great evening so I'm going to post a couple of pictures made into scrapbook pages.
Charlie & Kelin hamming it up.

Marie & Charlie and I wa playing with some new kits from Tooty Pups Designs.

These just show you how many people you can really fit into the kitchen.

Kelin's mom Geri and I staying out of the way and watching it all happen.

See how crowded the kitchen was, and at one point I was trying to roll up chicken breasts in partially cooked bacon and stick them together with tooth picks right about where Charlie is standing now with the finished product.

This is almost everyone, minus Ann behind the camera, and Dave with his kids absent,  &Tiphoney off singing with a new choir.

Aren't we just a happy bunch of friendly folks. It was noisy but they all left about 8:30p,m, or should I say almost all left. 
I'm going to eat breakfast now and then I'll make another blog with more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment