Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Families and Trees what a combination!

I didn't have any idea what was going to come rambling out of my brain this morning. It's been 6 days and I've been a little busy.

I'm getting one of the Family Trees ready for a member of that family to take over. I'll still pop in on it now and then but I think Terri will be a good one to give it off to. It does get a bit cumbersome when you start getting back to an era without Birth Control Pills.

Of course in the 1700's we were a land of farmers and a little manufacturing or "mills", so in order to work a few hundred acres you really needed 'free' labor and that could only come from your sons. But with the lack of 'electricity the House Frau needed some help in the washing and cleaning area of keeping a family together. Mostly sewing their own clothes fell to the older of the girls and the middle girls got dishes and washing clothes and making beds. I can relate to a lot of those chores. I was raised without the rest of my siblings in the same house except for a year with my older brother.I remember the washing machine was electric but the rinsing machine was a set of rollers on the end of a tub and it was cranked by hand. It really was a neat way to get the water out of the clothes before carrying the basket out to the clothes lines to hang them up. I've often thought it'd be a great way to roll out Pie dough but never had the courage to do it. My step father's wrath wasn't something I went looking for. That's enough of a history lesson.

We had a lovely Easter Sunday. I went to the 11 o'clock service and then back home. Sunrise service was sort of out of the question.  We went up to Bert's house for cake and she had all of her children (at least those that lived local and her sister-in-law to tell them she was moving in with her daughter Jackie in Idaho/Washington. Two towns that have sort of melded together. Most of us knew already but she wanted a formal announcement.

We didn't see any of the gr-grand kids this Easter. They were at their other grandparents houses for annual egg hunts. I gleaned a few pictures of their events from the facebook pages and I've made some interesting pictures. I'm not completely finished with the pics yet but it's close. I'll have a couple more after today. Here's a good start.
Youngest Great Grandson Aayden looking either ready to cry or just confused! Either way it's a cute face.

Youngest Great Granddaughter Kadence (Kaddie to us) is the pretty little one in front with her two sisters.

Great Grandson Aayden with his Grandpa Erik.

I took the colored eggs from a Dye Fest party and made deviled eggs but I dyed the whites first with food coloring. They were a hit on Thursday nite last week!

I'm off to make some more pictures before I start my monthly chores. This happens the day I get my Social Security check deposited in my bank. Then I pay bills, and get the essentials shopping done..

Have a great day and enjoy the sunchine!

No comments:

Post a Comment