Friday, July 21, 2017

Memories from my past

     Well it's been awhile hasn't it?  Shouldn't ask questions you already know the answer to.   My garden isn't doing too badly but it isn't anywhere I thought I'd be when I planted it. I did bring in some of the little tomatoes yesterday. Watching one of the larger one go from yellow to orange to red, soon I hope. I love open faced tomato & cheese sandwiches. I remember them from first apartment out of high school.  It was one of those one bedroom, living room/dining room, & kitchen deals where you share the bathroom with the twin apartment on the other side. I was thrilled with that apartment in 1958.

     Had graduated from HS in 57' and moved out of my parents house to be on my own. My first job started 1 week after graduation at a company called "New Process Company" that you all recognize as Blair from those catalogs that come in the mail to you.  I was with in walking distance from the job and so was my friend from work who luckily shared the bathroom with me. Gloria was a great room mate, so when my cousin came home from the Marines at the end of his tour, I invited them both to my half of the quarters for dinner. I don't remember  what I cooked for dinner, (probably spaghetti), but Jim and Gloria hit off and they were married about 3 months later. I have pictures from the newspaper on the family tree I have on Ancestry.com but I didn't make it to the wedding.  Then they moved to Florida and I never saw either of them again.  They have passed away some years now, leaving me the oldest living Shirley kid and I believe the oldest of my Uncle's kids also.

     Can't think why I was remembering my cousin Jim and his wife but it's nice to have good memories and it's great to have them in writing for someone else to remember.

     I'm getting myself psyched up for a vigorous physical exam at the VA Facility in Walla Walla, WA next week. They want a Pulmonary exam, blood work, and a thorough exam re' the Diastolic Dysfunction of my Heart.  I don't think they'll make me do a stress test on the walking machine since I walk with a walker when no walls are available. Or I use a cane to help me walk. This exam is to determine how disabled I am.  Good thing they aren't interested in my memory or I'd really lost.

I'm also thinking of getting a cane I saw in one of the many catalogs that show up here. It has a "taser" in the handle for protection for the disabled. I guess I'd have to go to the local police office to learn how to use it and register it (maybe).

     And here's a couple of pages from this month.
My youngest grand daughter ReAnna on the right in this picture as she stood for her friend at the wedding.

Darling Zakkiera mugging for the camera. Mom has a smart phone and takes a lot of pictures.

She's learning how to "Multi task". I can play and eat at the same time and get this orange stuff off the Cheetos all over me and your furniture.

Going to sign off for now and tip toe through some blogs that I enjoy watching. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sarge! Great blog of memories and lovely layouts too! Good Luck with the exam at the VA. Have a marvelous week ahead too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. getting paperwork together for tomorrow. Still waiting to hear about the other claim with DOL. Have been haggling with them since 2009. Then in 2011 my Pulmonologist added Asbestos Pneumoconiosis to my file so will have to send a new diagnosis sheet if they haven't already got one. And it's retroactive to 2009 so that's good.

    ReplyDelete