Thursday, July 6, 2017

Have a Happy July

     I'm ashamed of myself. Haven't been doing much blog hopping for about a month now. Granddaughter and her Tiny Human went to California for 2 weeks to be with her 'husband'. He was having trouble with his Type 1 Diabetes and needed some live in care. She managed to make the drive in 12 hours that would have taken me a whole day. She did make a commercial for 7-11 while she was there and got paid for it. Now she's one of the Hollywood people but not quite. She hasn't joined the screen actors guild, which is quite a hefty dues membership I think. But she had fun and got Jess back on track with his meds.

   That meant I was here alone with the animals for 2 weeks. But I enjoyed myself. Kept the house clean, cooked for myself and ate leftovers. Got a 2nd hand Ikea Day Bed, and found a mattress and box springs for $25.00. Good buys in both of them. Put the recliner in the living room and they have carried the ugly couch outside to the front covered porch area.  Now I'm finishing up my bedroom.  At least with the new 'day bed' there's room for the cat to spread out near my feet and my adorable little Phoebe to curl up right near my chest. Now I can sleep on my side which is more comfortable for me and a lot less snoring to wake up to a really dried out mouth.  Believe me that's awfully uncomfortable to not be able to swallow because there is no saliva there. I was keeping a glass of something right by the chair so I could at least wake up the glands that make liquid for your mouth.

     Fourth of July was interesting. Granddaughter and her 'Tiny Human' went to friend's house for a BBQ and I stayed home to take care of the animals. Neither cat made any fuss. Mrs. Beasley went into my closet and I pushed the door a little way so she wasn't subject to really loud noises. And I'm not sure where 'Lagatha' went. Big Black cat went under a bed somewhere in the house. There are 3 to choose from.  I didn't have to go anywhere to watch fireworks...plenty of that going on in our neighborhood. Until 2 or 3 am even! I did sleep through the last hour or so the noise. But the early part of the evening when it was just getting dark (around 9 pm) I sat in the recliner with the two little dogs on my lap. one on either side of me so I could rub them with my hands and talk softly to them so they could quit shivering. Serenity was the worst of the two. She's 2 years old and is Mama to my little Phoebe so it isn't her first 4th of July but she doesn't like them at all. Phoebe is only 10 months old and doesn't know any better or just doesn't care. I don't know which.

    Big P.S.,..'Tiny Human' was holding one of the small fireworks in her hand and it exploded in her hand. They had to go to the ER for treatment which took about 2 hours or so. I slept through that also. Her hand is looking better yesterday afternoon. Grand daughter changed the dressing last night after the kid's shower and put a lot of some white cream on the hand and then wrapped the hand in gauze and an Ace bandage on top of that.

    Well I have couple of scrapbook pages to show off!.
Grand daughter & her 'husband' doing a promotion for one of the stores in town. Bridgit has the only Female Predator costume in the world. The didn't have one in the last movie but if they put one into the new one that's in production now, she might get a part in the movie. I'll have to get an autograph!lol

Here she is inside the store posing for the people. Had to pose with a few kids or so for their parents.

My oldest daughter and I during our last visit to Grand Junction.

More of the other people in their costumes for the store's birthday...one year opened in that spot.

Young friend Kendra in front of the store.

Baby Zakkiera with her Uncle Jess. She's not the least bit scared of those costumes. her daddy is in one.
My youngest Granddaughter "Missy" on the right for a friends wedding. She Graduated in May from the University in Grand Junction with a Bachelor's in Psychology and she was 'cum laude' at that.

Sweet Baby Zakkiera is ONE. And she is such a happy baby.

Zakkiera at her birthday party (I think).

That's all for today. Got a little more to do in my bedroom. It's my sitting room and bedroom combined if I ever get it fixed up. And I just had another idea that might make more room in there. Besides having a big yard sale. I must admit I have accumulated some more things for my kitchen so when Grand daughter and her 'Tiny Human' move to California for real and I move to Grand Junction for real I'll have my Geese things back, except for the dishes. Can't find them for anything close to reasonable. Zakkiera's Great Grandmother has a set of the dishes in her attic she might be persuaded to part with for a price. Don't know yet. Until I get back to this site, I'll say 'Bye' and God Bless every one.


No comments:

Post a Comment