Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Happy 2020 14 days late!

Another year is in the books. Not all of it nice but mostly good. My live-in caregiver is gone but the VA has set me up for a really nice lady (a young widow with 2 young kids) and she comes 3 days a week.  I found some Christmas things that should have been mailed to California last year but never got done. I had my caregiver wrap them up and put them under her tree for her 2 young boys. One is 2 and one is almost 4. They were thrilled with the book from "Surf Sharks.com". And 2 T-shirts with the SurfSharks logo on them. I asked her how many times she's had to read them to the boys and she rolled her eyes and said at least 3 times every day.  Might be a good way for the boys to learn to read.

This young lady is a CNA but so far I've been not needing physical help.  She did take me to the bank yesterday since I'd already been there once and I'm not too happy with the stability of my car. When it's necessary I go out, such as the Albertson's or to Walmart. I think I'm going to have to go to our Hobby Lobby to find some heavy-duty pins to fix the new cover I got for my Recliner. I'm going to have to either order a new recliner or order another larger set of furniture covers. This caregiver helps with some of the chores and makes sure I'm taking my meds. She gets the clothes out of the laundry and I sit in my chair and fold them.

There is a big move for me in mid-May or late May. I'm moving back to Grand Junction to be closer to my daughter. Actually, we are going to look for a nice house big enough for her and me.  She misses the Christmas in my house and I'm sure she'll help me when it comes to putting up the tree and all of the other things that I couldn't use this year because we don't have a fenced yard and my neighbor says that the outdoor decorations in an open yard run away during the night so he quit putting anything up.  All of them are in my storage shed (I hope)(I didn't oversee the packing granddaughter's things from the storage shed) but if they are gone then so be it.

  Denise says we need a 3 bedroom, 2 baths so we each have our own bath.  And I'm insisting on a good-sized back yard so my puppy can run to her heart's content. And if Denise can find a nice dog willing to get along with Miss Phoebe they can chase each other around the yard, inside the fence! Maybe that kind of exercise will help Phoebe gain a pound or so.  She only weighed almost 5 pounds last Vet Check and she's 3 yrs old. Almost 4. (Pictures at the end of the post). My little Chihuahua-Chihuahua is the friendliest dog in the neighborhood (Both of her parents were purebreds). She loves to go to the bank with me cause they all run out to see her and play with her. So far the Bank Manager hasn't said anything so she goes with me. I've never left her alone. When granddaughter was here she had Phoebe's mother so they played together but she hasn't had a buddy since November except the ones she meets in the stores. All the younger kids want to pet her and they all ask if they can pet her. I tell them yes, Phoebe loves kids.

Here's what I missed from the yard.
The last time I got to use them was Christmas 2017. Going to have a great time in 2020!

This is what I did to the inside of the house this year 2019 Christmas, even if I was here alone. I had a big Turkey dinner, delivered by my good neighbor across the street.
 My fireplace and the book case next to it with my snow people and my Angels from a when I lived in Denver and could do ceramics. Rest of the Angels are in the storage shed, but I made a whole cadre of these angels that I call my Italian Angels.

 This is Sleigh and one reindeer on the kitchen table that is in my living room.

 This is the bottom of the tree with my good friend Jess's packages waiting for him to come down.

Every year I get a new teddy and this is 2019. I think I started this back in 19?? but some have been given away to little ones. 
 The tree is so tall you can't see the Angel on top. But she's one of the angels I made when I
 Angels are on the watch. The two on the park benches are Italians (at least I think they are) and are only a small part of the whole crowd. They angels on the top shelf are ones I've made from sequined material, ribbons and craft store wings and halos.
 My caregiver made this arrangement out of some faux flowers and greenery, etc and I liked it so I didn't put it away with the rest of the decos.

had a room that I could use as a craft room.
 Keeping with the Blue theme is the wreath on the door. On the inside since it might just take wings and fly away if I put it outside. The tree is white and the ornaments and garlands are different shades of blue.

Here's the top of my 7 and 1/2 foot tree with the little angel on the top.

P.S. It snowed all day yesterday and most of the night too. Walks have been shoveled twice.  It was still coming down when I took this picture.

Time to say Aloha or rather Meli Kalicki Maha as they say in Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment