Sunday, March 31, 2019

I'm sorry for the long time between posts

    I started a post about a month ago but now I can't find it. And I can't remember what I was talking about...Comes with getting old I guess.

    I believe part of my problem has been the weather. Having 4 or 5 inches of snow on the front yard is depressing since I don't have the energy to play in it like I used to do as a youngster. I made forts and Angels and had some really whopping snow ball fights/wars.  I was raised the first 20 years of my life in North Western Pennsylvania where we sometimes had snow for Halloween, but usually it got really wintery in November. After I went off and joined the U.S. Navy in 1960 and after my basic training and Radio school I was transferred to Long Beach Calif. I've been on the West Coast or over seas ever since. I got to live in one of Hawaii's island atolls for 31 months, then Guam for 2 yrs, and then Japan for 30 months. Lived in California for 5 years and then to Washington. Now I'm in Washington State and this past winter has been the toughest one so far. A little bit of snow isn't bad at all like we had in Richland for Christmas and then by New Years it was gone. I'm going to put a picture of the front yard for our Christmas 2017. Couldn't find one right off hand so I'll look through some old files and see where I've put the 2017 pictures.

    My Grand daughter had her surgery this month and she's in a sling full time for 8 weeks, and then it's a few months of Physical Therapy. She had surgery on her left shoulder for a rotator cup problem and putting a muscle back attached where it belongs. Now she has some really neat looking exercises she has to start on at home before she starts on the pullysin the Therapy place.

    I'm almost finished with my Therapy for my knee. I think I've got about 4 sessions left. I don't mind the incline and I don't mind the bicycle but they have one torture machine, I don't want to get on. The massage therapy with an echo machine is relaxing and has helped to lower the insulation on the knee cap so I'm not walking nearly as Old Lady like as I used to do. I'm going to be 80 this year so I'll hold the old lady bent over walking until I'm 90+. But I still don't do much walking because the lungs and heart dysfunction aren't letting me go more than around the house from my cptr to the Loo and then a stop in the kitchen and it's back to the desk. 

    Now I'm starting on my little kitchen garden. I put 3 small pots in the window. One is Parsley, one is Basil, and the third is Chives. I was at my Albertson's store and spotted this package of the 3 herbs and the growing medium so I bought it. Planted them and put them in the kitchen window over my kitchen sink. That way I can watch them grow. Germaniation in about 3 to 4 weeks and they don't need the sun which is good because it's only there lightly for about another month and then it'll be strong sun. Going to order the planter box for tomatoes this morning.

    Here's a few of the scrapbook pictures I've done this year. As you will notice, I've put a statement at the bottom of each picture giving credit to the designer of the kit and the name of the kit. In case you want to try your hand at this make a comment at the bottom and I'll tell you how you can reach every one of them.

 Grand daughter Bridgit and her BFF Brandi a couple of years ago.
 Grand daughter Bridgit in her Predator Costume, which is the only female Predator costume in existance.
 A new kit from Studio Manu and the Sailor is myself in 1962.
 Picture of me with another one of Studio Manu's kits. The Guard dog around my neck is my little Chihuahua Phoebe.
 Picture of my young friend Megan in a kit from Russian-Dutch Heart Designs and the overlay from another kit of Studio Manu.
 Cousin Todd's new puppy who's waiting to get a little bigger so she can romp in the ocean like his ancestor Natalie used to do.
 My good friend Cheryl is the proud Grandmother to to these adorable Dolls.
 And making a scrapbook page of a picture from 77 years ago. The adorable toddler in the top left is my older brother Bud (he's a junior who passed) and a little cutie is me 77 yrs ago.
 This is Memorial page to my beloved cat of 16 years who crossed over the Rainbow Bridge in 2018. I really miss this lady.

That's all for today but I got a new kit to play with this morning so I'll be back.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I am sorry for all the snow you still have there. Cross fingers it will go away very soon now.
    Good to hear that the surgery on your granddaughter has gone well, although it takes a long time to heal but better slow and good than not at all.
    Also good to hear you are doing okay with the knee. Pity that other health problems keep you from moving around some more. Still you reached almost 80 now, wow! That is an achievement on itself already!
    Take care of yourself.
    Oh, hope you seeds of herbs will germinate well.
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete