Thursday, January 25, 2018

Welcome 2018

 I'm sorry I haven't posted anything for a month or so but then I have no idea if anyone wants to read these anyway.

We had about 3 inches of snow and it was here for Christmas but was gone before the New Year. I stayed inside because my lungs don't like super cold air. COPD & Asbestos Fibrosis make going out side in cold weather not an option.

 I ordered some Dutch-German language books. I took 3 or 4 years in High School of German but that was 60 years ago and about all I can remember is that little ditty "mein-hut-der-hat-drei-ecken" and how to count to at least 10. Wanting to get my skill back because I think it's a pretty language. We shall see.

My ancestors came from that region where they spoke Pennsylvania Dutch and my Grandfather was an Elder in the Quaker church. I think he got excommunicated when he shot at his wife with a shotgun and went to prison. Funny what you can learn on the internet where they have thousands of newspapers and all you have to do is check a region and a name. I even found the day I was discharged from the hospital at 4 years old and went to the County Orphanage. Stayed there for almost 6 years.

Still having issues with the "tummy" but it's nothing I can't handle. Have been packing and watching TV.  It's good that I'm such a "Sweet little OLD Lady" and none of that stuff bothers me. I'm happy the way I am. Although I have had many desires to join a Mennonite gathering if I can find one when I move to Grand Junction.  My #2 daughter who is going to be my sudo care giver might not like me moving out of the city. I know for sure #1 daughter will blow a gasket.

I'm going to take up quilting after I get settled in GJ. I already bought a sewing machine since the 2 machines up in my storage shed are ancient and don't work anyway. Off to Goodwill they go. Maybe they can fix them and sell them. I'm still going to be doing my scrapbooking and the family trees. I might start a service of making a family tree for other people and then put their tree on a disc and give it to them. The crocheting is getting too much for the hands (they are 78 yrs old) that are starting to tremble so I need something that doesn't require much concentration and activity with the hands and wrist.

Well here are the few scrapbook pages I made for Jan.

 Isn't that cute...they take naps together.

My sister-in-law who passed away on Jan 4th.Heaven has a special Angel now.

This is one of my cousins that lives in Bradford, I think. I liked the picture so I made a page and posted it to her FB page.
Please check out the December posting...I just put the pictures of the front yard's Christmas Deco's.


1 comment:

  1. Time sometimes flies so fast, I know all about it.And then a month is done with sooner as you think. never mind about the posting, as long as you are doing it every now and then it is okay, I think.
    Great that you want to do some languageGerman is a nice language, nly a bit hard with the conjugation of the "der, die und das" and such.
    Making quilts sounds wonderful. it is however time consuming. But as long as you like to do it that doesn;t really matter.
    Going now to my blog to post.
    Hugs, and stay safe!
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete